Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Shale Gas Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The shale gas market is playing a significant role in the global natural gas industry as countries around the world are continuing to seek lower carbon fuels, ensuring energy security and financial development. Demand for shale gas is expected to increase in the coming future, accounting for about 24% of the global energy supplies in 2020. While the global demand for gas is increasing, there is a significant decrease in the supplies from conventional sources. This is driving the gas industry towards the use of unconventional gas sources, mainly shale. The convergence of the...
Cell And Tissue Analysis Products Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
The structural and functional relationship of cell and tissue is critical. Cell and tissue analysis products are used in isolation, purification and analysis of the cells. The cell and tissue analysis products market primarily include bio specimen- preparing techniques, cell and tissue separations and cell and tissue characterization products. Extensive research in the field of cell and tissue analysis products has resulted in their specific functionality which is used for analysis in healthcare and biopharmaceutical industries. In the field of cancer research and...
Digestive Health Enzymes Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Digestive health enzymes market is witnessing upsurge demand in developed economies due to growing health concerns and rising standard of living. This market is set to witness double digit growth rate during the forecasted period. Demand for digestive health enzymes is also expected to grow in developing economies as people are becoming aware about the benefits of these enzymes and spending more on personal health. Improper eating habits are adding to the problem of digestive system, thus, creating the need of digestive enzymes for proper and healthy digestion. Digestive...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
Alternative Payment Method
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Singapore to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Slovakia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in South Korea to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Sweden to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Thailand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Turkey to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Ukraine to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Make-up Market in Venezuela to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
Solar Power Generation Reaches Record High in the U.S. in 2013
Mar 6, 2014
Solar power accounted for an even larger share in the total volume of electricity generated in the United Sates in 2013. According to a latest report published by the Solar Energy Industries Association along with GTM Research suggests that this form of energy is increasingly becoming a part of the main stream U.S. power grid. So, it is not surprising that the production of solar...
Reynolds focus on Lorillard tobacco bid
Mar 5, 2014
U.S. tobacco giant - Reynolds American has stated a bid for its biggest rival Lorillard in the market. This bid has set quakes on the global tobacco market that is already being remodeled by declining smoking rates and growth of electronic cigarettes. Lorillard shares closed at 9.3 percent at $53.61 early Monday, giving a market value of $19.6bn. Reynolds bid could not be fairly...
Ecommerce to be New Growth Driver in Chinese Economy
Mar 4, 2014
Chinese ecommerce companies are set to make it big in the coming years with the market for ecommerce in China likely to grow to a whopping value of USD 8.17 trillion by 2020. This is what the vice-president of Alibaba estimates. China has largely been an export oriented society and it is online retail that is currently enabling the country to make a shift from this status. The...
Protect fruits from QFF flies
Mar 3, 2014
Queensland Fruit fly (QFF) is considered to be one of Australia’s intensely serious insect pests affecting the horticultural industry in the Central Tablelands and beyond. The Central Tablelands Local Land Services are knee-deep into testing a QFF monitoring program associated with the horticulturists in the Orange area. The authorities of this organization are open to...
Australian Companies Post Higher Profits Beating ExpectationsAustralian Companies Post Higher Profits Beating Expectations
Feb 28, 2014
Several large companies in Australia have beaten expectations by posting higher earnings and profits than expected. This is being regarded as one of the most positive reporting sessions since the last couple of years. The reporting session of February wrapped up with over 50% of the listed companies in Australia posting profits or beating expectations of earnings. Though there...