Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Aircraft Engine, Parts and Equipments Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
This industry manufactures aircraft engines, engine parts, propeller, rotor, landing gear, fuselage, hydraulic and electric control, and avionics systems. Engines and other component parts compose of about 45 percent of the global aircraft and parts market. U.S., Canada, Japan, France, and UK are all major producers of aircraft parts. The aircraft engine and parts manufacturing industry has a medium level of concentration, with two largest aircraft manufacturers (Boeing and Airbus) holding more than 50% of the total market share. Boeing dominates this industry in the commercial aircraft...
Cholesterol Lowering Nutraceuticals Ingredient Market: Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Growth And Forecast 2009 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Nutraceuticals are defined as the food and dietary substances which help lower the TC (total cholesterol) levels of the body. It functions by triggering the cholesterol inhibiting hormones of the body and thereby restoring homeostasis and preventing coronary heart diseases. Nutraceuticals are currently preferred more than general cholesterol lowering medications. The cholesterol lowering nutraceuticals ingredient market bears two major segmentations, on the basis of types into: beta glucans, soluble fibers, omega 3 fatty acids, plant sterols, soy foods and others, and on the basis...
Industrial Solvents Market - Global Industry Analysis, Market Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth, and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
A solvent is a substance which when dissolved with a solute forms a solution. Usually, solvents are liquids but they can also be in the form of solids and gases. They are used for various purposes such as in dry cleaning, nail enamels, paint thinners, detergents, and perfumes among other applications. Industrial solvents are mainly used in pharmaceuticals and in the paints and coating industry. The global market for industrial solvents is mature and has reached its saturation point in North America and Europe, so it is expected to grow at an average rate in these...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Colombia to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Denmark to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Hungary to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Bulgaria to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Canada to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Chile to 2017
- The Future of the Seasonings, Dressings and Sauces Market in Hong Kong to 2017
- Emerging Opportunities in the Prepaid cards Market in Singapore: Market Size, Industry Drivers and Consumer Trends
- Emerging Opportunities in the Debit Cards Market in the UK: Market Size, Industry Drivers and Consumer Trends
Holden to Cease Manufacturing Operations in Australia by End of 2017
Dec 11, 2013
General Motors (GM) subsidiary Holden has decided to exit manufacturing operations in Australia-a 65-year journey that will culminate with closure by the end of 2017. This will also mean a job loss for the 2,900 people currently working at the carmaker’s Australian facility. According to the firm, operations are being wound up in view of the strong position of the Australian dollar...
Sysco Corp and US Foods Merge In an $8.2 Billion Deal
Dec 10, 2013
Sysco Corp, a company that is engaged in marketing and distribution of food products to enterprises such as medical and educational facilities, restaurants, and other hospitality centers, has announced the purchase of Illinois-based food distribution company US Foods. The deal is pegged at USD 8.2 billion. Sysco Corp is Houston area’s fourth-largest public company. According to...
A New Cloud Computing Solution for the Used Equipment Industry
Dec 6, 2013
The E-commerce technology can be an intricate and a costly affair, but it is pivotal in today's competitive market. This marketplace is a constantly evolving place for several equipment dealers. Hence, the tools that are employed to run a successful business are expensive and unique. EquipOne.com is your one stop destination for used equipment and machinery. It offers worldwide buyers and...
A Saudi Billionaire Invests in Two Major Cement Plants in Ethiopia
Dec 5, 2013
Africa is becoming an attractive prospective for the Arabians, as Mohammed al-Amoudi – Saudi’s biggest private investor plans to construct two more cement factories in Ethiopia, Africa. These plants in Africa will add to the overall $351 million facility al-Amoudi’s MIDROC Derba Cement plant opened in December 2011. The 67-year-old investor told in an interview in the...
U.Ks Energy and Climate Secretary Hints at Major Investments in the Wind Energy Sector
Nov 29, 2013
At a time when no country can afford to ignore green and alternative energy solutions, the U.K. is on the threshold of making major investments in this sector by way of offshore wind projects. This announcement was recently made by Ed Davey, Energy and Climate Change Secretary. This announcement is an indication that the U.K. continues to push for the expansion of low-carbon power...