Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Stearyl Alcohol Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast, 2014 - 2020
By - Transparency Market Research
Stearyl alcohol is an organic compound derived from fatty acids and is used as moisturizer in personal care products and cosmetic products. It is classified as fatty alcohol and has a melting point of 60 °C and boiling point of 210 °C. Stearyl alcohol takes the form of white granules or flakes and is insoluble in water. They are found naturally in various mammalian tissues and are used in the biosynthesis of lipids and enter metabolic pathways for energy production. It is prepared from stearic acid which is found in coconut oil by the process of catalytic hydrogenation. Stearyl...
Primary Immunodeficiency Disease Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
By - Transparency Market Research
Abnormal functioning of immune system due to lack of necessary antibodies or lack of normal functioning of present antibodies is referred as primary immunodeficiency disease. Immunodeficiency is referred as primary immunodeficiency when any disease, environmental exposure to toxins or drug treatment is not the cause of the disease. Primary immunodeficiency disease is also referred as primary immune disorder or primary immunodeficiency disorder. Approximately one in every 500 people is observed to have primary immunodeficiency disease. Primary immunodeficiency disease is a...
Biogas Upgrading Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The global biogas upgrading market is expected to reach $338.5 million by the year 2016 at the compounded annual growth rate of 22%. Europe is the largest contributor to the growth of this market and it is expected to hold the market value of $250.5 million in 2016 with CAGR of 22%. Asia Pacific market is projected to reach $83.9 million at a CAGR of 22.8% by the year 2016. Renewable energy is expected to be one of the fastest growing energy sources in the near future. The market for biogas generation is estimated to grow significantly due to its use in number of residential...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Indian Salon Hair and Skin Products Industry Report
- Source Market Insights; GCC
- The Global Car Rental Market to 2018
- World Cigarettes - Canada 2014
- World Cigarettes - USA 2014
- Ultra HNWIs in the US in 2014
- China Liquid Milk Industry Report, 2014-2017
- World Cigarettes - Brazil 2014
- Secondary Residences and Holiday Rentals - December 2014
- Medicated Skincare - US - December 2014
Low Gas Prices Hurt Utahs Energy Industry
Dec 18, 2014
Due to excessive petroleum on the global market, gas prices are heavily tumbling in several places of the world. This aspect could prove effective and great for consumers in most parts of the world, but it is not so for the Utah. The petroleum industry in Utah has a tough time with the state budget. In Utah, the average gas prices have declined to around $2.64 a gallon. This has...
The 3 Dining Trend to Look Out For in 2015
Dec 17, 2014
Dining is a vibrant, dynamic subject. You can never set down a list of definitive rules for it, and since it depends on our own fickle taste, it is always subject to drastic changes and welcoming to new trends. Here’s a list of dining trends that are on the cusp of becoming mainstream and will surely make that step up in the coming year. 1. Increasing Acceptance of Technology:...
Bolivian Air Force Receives the Super Puma Helicopters
Dec 16, 2014
It was declared by the Airbus Helicopters that the Bolivian Air Force was the recipient of second of the six Airbus AS332 C1e Super Puma helicopters. The Super Pumas are generally used for several internal security missions and counter narcotics. The rest of the four helicopters will start operating from the year 2016. In late 2013, the light medium helicopters were purchased by the FAB for...
Leaked Emails Prove to be Challenging for Sony
Dec 15, 2014
It has been revealed via leaked emails that there exists a cultural gulf between Sony Pictures Entertainment, the Hollywood subsidiary on the one hand and Japan’s Sony Corp on the other. This poses a major challenge to the CEO Kazuo Hirai to bring about positive changes in the loss making company under the One Sony slogan. Over the past six years, this has been the fifth...
British Construction Firms to Hire More by 2015
Dec 10, 2014
As per the latest survey carried out by Manpower, increasing workload in Britain’s construction industry is calling for rise in employment opportunities. It is expected that in the coming year, various construction firms will be on a hiring spree. Paucity of trained and skilled workers in U.K. based building firms has led to greater focus on hiring of Portuguese bricklayers at a wage...