Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Greece: rigid tubes, pipes and hoses market
By - Williams and Marshal Strategy
This report presents a comprehensive overview of the rigid tubes, pipes and hoses market in Greece and its state as of January 2014. It provides detailed analysis of the industry, its dynamics and structure. The purpose of the report is to describe the state of the rigid tubes, pipes and hoses market in Greece, to present actual and retrospective information about the volumes and dynamics of production, imports, exports and consumption, the characteristics of the market for the period 2008-2012 and to build a forecast for the market development until 2018. In the same way, the report...
Touch Screen Technology Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Touch screen technology acts as an interface between users and computers which provide an easy visual experience to the users. The popularity of touch screen technology in smartphones, tablets, PCs, mobile phones, and in many other information devices is gaining momentum. Touch screen technology provides hassle free interactivity and strong control on the device. There are various types of touch screen available in the market such as resistive touchscreen, capacitive touchs creen, surface acoustic wave, optical touchscreen, and infrared. The touchscreen market is driven...
Greece: artificial teeth market
By - Williams and Marshal Strategy
th market in Greece and its state as of January 2014. It provides detailed analysis of the industry, its dynamics and structure. The purpose of the report is to describe the state of the artificial teeth market in Greece, to present actual and retrospective information about the volumes and dynamics of production, imports, exports and consumption, the characteristics of the market for the period 2008-2012 and to build a forecast for the market development until 2018. In the same way, the report presents an elaborate overview of the main market participants, the price fluctuations, the...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Strategic Focus Report - Enterprise Mobility: Technology and Market Trends
- Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Haircare sector in Sri Lanka
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Finland to 2018
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Mexico to 2018
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Philippines to 2018
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Venezuela to 2018
- Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Haircare sector in Nepal
- Consumer Trends Analysis: Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the French Ice Cream Market
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Egypt to 2018
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in Malaysia to 2018
Typhoon Rammasun hits Yangjiang, Guangdong province
Jul 22, 2014
The largest typhoon to hit the southern part of China in forty years has resulted in death of 17 people after wreaking havoc on Philippines. The typhoon Rammasun has resulted in deaths of eight people on the island of Hainan. Many people are recorded missing and nine of these from the Guangxi region. This typhoon caused landfall on Friday, and was reported with winds exceeding 200...
Allergan to Slash 1,500 Jobs Amid Fighting Valeant Bid
Jul 22, 2014
Allergan, best known as the maker of Botox, has announced plans to slash 13% of its workforce, which means that 1,500 employees will be facing the axe. Allergan said that the massive layoffs are in an effort to make the company more productive and efficient. The company, based in Irvine, California, said Monday that nearly 250 vacant positions will be eliminated as part of this...
Netflix Surpasses Projected Earnings in Second Quarter of 2014 with Double the Profits
Jul 22, 2014
Netflix, the internet video services provider, has reported that its earnings in the second quarter more than doubled. The company attributed this spike in earnings to the success of new episodes from one of its highly successful series. This has helped Netflix’s customer base to reach higher than 50 million worldwide – highest ever in the company’s history. The...
Oil deal between China and Venezuela
Jul 22, 2014
Venezuela and China have come together and signed mineral and oil deals. Some very significant deals with Brazil and Argentina have already been signed by Mr. Xi Jinping, the Chinese president. The next country, with which he will sign a deal with, is Cuba. Mr. Xi has agreed to pay a currency swap valued at USD 11 billion to Argentina and this will fulfill the requirement of funds...
Deadly plague hits Western U.S. state, four cases identified
Jul 21, 2014
The deadly plague that was reported in Colorado last week, has affected three more people in the state, taking the number to a total of four cases. The pneumonic plague has been stated to be the deadliest detected in the state in a decade. While the man originally infected with the plague has been hospitalized, two of the new cases have also confirmed the infection and the third new case is a...