Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
Plant Factory And Grow Lights Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends And Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
A closed system of farming wherein a farmer or a farm technician attempts to achieve farm production under regulated conditions which have been created artificially is known as plant factory. Plant factories are generally used for the purpose of growing organic vegetables. This needs artificial control of temperature, light, carbon dioxide and moisture. Grow light is an artificial source of light which are designed to emit electromagnetic spectrum which is suitable for the photosynthesis purpose. Grow light is useful for warehouse food production. Visible light has a different spectrum as...
BRIC In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Tests which are performed in test- tubes or in a controlled environment outside a living organism to provide diagnosis are known as In-vitro diagnostic (IVD) tests. Contemporary IVD industry commonly uses analytical instruments and reagents to perform various tests to diagnose study and monitor various kinds of diseases. The reagents used are specialized chemicals which are capable of reacting with target substances such as tissue, blood, urine etc, found in the sample provided by the patient. Also, the analytical instruments include various equipments that bring the sample and the...
Syrup Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Syrup is a thick mixture of water and sugar usually flavored or medicated, or the accumulated juice of a fruit or plant. Syrups are mainly used in the food and beverage industries, as well as pharmaceutical industry. Most common types of syrups are Beverages, corn, fruit, maple, table (or pancake), toppings, candy, medicines. Syrups are not only used for adding sweetness to food items but they also provide flavor, by allowing flavor to stay on tongue for longer period. Syrups are used as natural preservative to reduce water activity. Syrups are also used in medicines to make them...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global & USA Cancer Biomaker Market to 2018 (Identification, Technologies, Market Analysis, Competitor Profiles, Companion Diagnostic Co-Development, Business Strategies, Industry Trends, and Pipeline Analysis)
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Ireland to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Global Executives Survey: The impact and influence of social media and online retail on the CPG industry
- Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Dairy Food Sector in the UAE
- Pakistan: Data and VAS to compensate for voice
- China Construction Curtain Wall Industry Report, 2013 - 2016
- The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Bible: 2014 - 2020 - Device Security, Infrastructure Security & Security Services
- The Mobile Advertising (mAdvertising) Market: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
- Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Dairy Food Sector in South Africa
- China Computer Software Industry Report, 2014 - 2017
Microsoft to Complete Nokia Purchase by April 25
Apr 23, 2014
The Microsoft-Nokia deal that made headlines when it was announced is finally on its way to being completed. This proves that even the most complex deals do culminate with time. This week, Microsoft announced that it would complete the purchase of a major part of Nokia’s hardware assets by Friday. The much discussed deal-though on the brink of completion-has witnessed some adjustments...
Top End Stereo Systems Maker Harman Targets Chinese Auto Market
Apr 22, 2014
Harman, the U.S.-based audio company that is best known as the provider of automobile stereos for top-end car models such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Ferrari, has said that it has signed agreements with two leading Chinese automakers—Chang’An and Geely. The company, that is associated with premium infotainment systems for leading auto makers, said that these new contracts...
Scientists Identify Cure for Dengue
Apr 18, 2014
In a breakthrough discovery that can change the way dengue is treated, scientists have identified a drug target for the deadly dengue viruses. This discovery may help pave the way for discovery of vaccines that can cure this condition that affects nearly 390 million people throughout the world each year. Scientists have used a new technique for this discovery to show that a region...
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...