Google`s Mobile Advertising Strategy
Mind Commerce Publishing
Published Date » 2012-01-15
No. Of Pages » 30
Google's mobile advertising business continues to fuel impressive growth for the online search engine pioneer. The company estimates its mobile advertising revenues will likely generate in excess of $2.5 billion a year and growing. Google generates 97 percent of its $34 billion in annual revenue from selling advertising and new CEO Larry Page promises that mobile advertising, including search and social media, will be a prominent part of its growth strategy.
Although Google's assertive foray into mobile advertising has paid off royally, other technology powerhouses are challenging the company with highly competitive business models. Apple and Facebook promise mobile advertising and pricing strategies, and online audience reaches that rival or exceed Google's. The year 2012 promises to be a pivotal year in which a few companies could dominate the mobile advertising platform competitive landscape.
This research analyzes Google's emerging mobile advertising strategy to enable marketers to leverage Google's platform to reach consumers with targeted messages. The report aggregates and synthesizes important metrics and trends on mobile advertising and marketing to inform executives making critical spending decisions during a down economy. The report evaluates key Google competitors in the mobile ad space. It supports advertising buyers to ensure they can optimize their mobile ad dollar spending. The report focuses particular attention to the competitive strategy of Facebook and Apple in the mobile advertising space.
- Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on mobile advertising and marketing initiatives will reach nearly $37.5 billion in 2012, a near 15% compounded annual growth rate since 2008. The Asia-Pacific region is leading the mobile charge and will chalk up an estimated budget of $15.8 billion in 2012. In comparison, Europe's spending on mobile advertising in 2012 will be about half as much ($7.9 billion) while North America's spending for 2012 will be $11.2 billion.
- Mobile search, especially localized search, will be the dominant activity platform for marketers to engage consumers with branded communications but they should not ignore the potential of downloadable applications, streaming video, WAP and, most certainly, mobile messaging.
- Facebook is expected to roll out mobile ad services by the end of March 2012. Facebook originally planned to introduce the mobile ad platform earlier this year and the project could face additional delays, one of the sources adds. Facebook's advantage is that it reportedly has over 800 million users with the company expecting to break the billion mark through mobile devices.
- Apple originally required marketers to commit to a spending limit of at least $1 million, but this was later cut down to $500,000. Also, Apple was charging marketers every time a user tapped an ad, which would quickly eat through the budget. But Apple is now making some changes in order to beef up its failing ad service. For starters, it reportedly plans to drop the spending limit from $500,000 to $400,000.
Companies in Report:
- Millenial Media
- Rhythm New Media
- Third Screen Media
- Smartphone and PDA manufacturers: They provide the hardware that enable next-generation mobile content possible
- Mobile advertising networks: The suppliers enable different types of mobile ads to be broadcast over mobile networks, in videos, and in other mobile premium content.
- Mobile search and content aggregators: Many are chasing Google but the smaller vendors offer localized search capabilities.
- Cellular phone providers: They carry the millions of text messages, some of them sponsored, and are looking at ways to leverage mobile marketing campaign data for their own use.
- Mobile platform developers: These suppliers create videos, games, downloadable applications for mobile that they in turn use to recruit sponsorship opportunities.
- Traditional media outlets: Broadcast television stations and Internet properties are leveraging mobile to stream newscasts and other premium content.
- Marketing and Advertising Agencies, and Corporate Marketing Departments: Chief Marketing and Advertising Executives are determining how best to allocate their budgets for 2012 and mobile is certainly on their radar.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.0 INTRODUCTION 3
2.0 THE MOBILE ADVERTISING COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE 4
2.1 NEW MOBILE ADVERTISING VENDORS CHALLENGE GOOGLE 8
2.2 GOOGLE LAYS MOBILE ADVERTISING STRATEGY FOUNDATION 11
3.0 GOOGLE'S MOBILE ADVERTISING PRODUCTS 13
3.1 LOCALIZED MOBILE ADS DRIVE KEY SALES IN SPECIFIC VERTICALS 14
4.0 GOOGLE'S STRATEGIC DIRECTION 20
5.0 RECENT EVENTS AFFECTING GOOGLE'S STRATEGY 25
5.1 GOOGLE PATENT DEFENSES CONTINUE 26
6.0 IMPLICATIONS FOR MARKETERS 28
List of TablesNA
List of FiguresNA
High Throughput Screening (HTS) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
High Throughput Screening (HTS) refers to a scientific experimentation method used in the process of drug discovery. HTS enables automated assays of biological or biochemical activity of compounds similar to drugs. These assays facilitate discovery of enzymes, ligands for receptors and other pharmacological tests. In addition this process aids in rapid identification of antibodies, genes or active compounds that are responsible for alteration of a specific biomolecular pathway. Presently, the HTS industry is expected to reduce the costs involved in drug discovery process and...
Geece: lime market
By - Williams and Marshal Strategy
etailed analysis of the industry, its dynamics and structure. The purpose of the report is to describe the state of the lime market in Greece, to present actual and retrospective information about the volumes and dynamics of production, imports, exports and consumption, the characteristics of the market for the period 2008-2012 and to build a forecast for the market development until 2018. In the same way, the report presents an elaborate overview of the main market participants, the price fluctuations, the growth and demand drivers of the market and the factors, influencing its...
Fishing Equipments Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
The fishing equipments can be segmented into following product categories: reels and poles, rods, lures, fishing lines, flies & baits, hooks, tackle boxes, tools & pliers, rigs, sinkers, tippets & swivels. The fishing techniques include angling, trolling, long line fishing and snagging. Depending upon the technique of fishing various appropriate tools have been developed. Globally fishing is a large market and continues to grow at a rapid pace. Increasing population has its own demands for food products and fish & fish products form a large segment in people’s food...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Indian Salon Hair and Skin Products Industry Report
- Belgium: Despite Slow Regulatory Changes, Mobile Data to Boom
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Brazil to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Colombia to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in France to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in India to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Japan to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Norway to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in Romania to 2018
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in South Africa to 2018
Hitachi Readies New Suite of Driving Systems
Oct 16, 2014
Japan’s Hitachi Automotive Systems is all set to unveil a line of innovative autonomous driving technologies as the trend of high-tech and automotive electronics takes the industry by storm. The suite of technologies were unveiled in northern Japan last week and included features such as no-hands self-parking, vehicle stability control in electric automobiles, precrash braking, and...
Canadas Agreement on Waste-Water Treatment Boosts Indias PM Pet Clean Ganga Project
Oct 16, 2014
In 2008, Canada and India adopted a bilateral science and technology collaboration agreement for Scientific and Technological Cooperation. The pet Clean Ganga project led by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has received a confident boost with an agreement earlier on Wednesday. The agreement is all about cleaning up the most heavily used river in the world between Canada...
China Sends Experimental Ebola Drugs to Aid Workers, to Increase Supply if Found Effective
Oct 16, 2014
An experimental Ebola drug has been sent to Africa for use by Chinese aid worker by a Chinese drug manufacturer. The company is plans to undertake clinical trials of the drug to combat the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa that has claimed more than 4000 lives so far. Several thousand doses of the drug JK-05, manufactured by Sihuan Pharmaceutical Holdings Group Ltd, have been...
Broccoli Based Chemical Gives Hope For Treating Autism
Oct 15, 2014
According to the inferences derived from a small scale clinical trial, the chemical that is extracted from the sprouts of broccoli possess certain anti-cancerous properties. Moreover, this chemical may be able to even treat behavioral symptoms in those suffering from autism spectrum disorders. This research study was carried out by the scientists of Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine...
Toyota China to Recall Crown Sedans Due to Leaking Brake Fluid Issue
Oct 15, 2014
Joining the global wave of automobile recalls, Toyota has announced its decision to recall 93,700 cars from the Chinese market to fix an issue regarding leaking brake fluid, Chinese quality watchdog has informed. Tianjin FAW Toyota Motor Co, the Chinese subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corp., will recall the Crown model sedans manufactured by it between 1st December 2009 and 14th June 2012....